Joule launches COVID-19 Innovation Grants - $1 million in grants earmarked for solutions to the pandemic
OTTAWA, ON, June 4, 2020 /CNW/ - The pandemic has challenged Canada's health care system and physician-led innovation is an undeniable lever to effectively respond to COVID-19. Joule is very pleased to launch its biggest grant offering to help support new solutions and ideas.
The COVID-19 Innovation grant program is inviting physicians and medical learners to submit applications in one of three categories:
- Wellness and safety of health workers: Initiatives that support and protect the health and well-being of front-line health workers and ensures the adequate supply, distribution and use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other tools or equipment to enhance health workers' safety.
- Access to care: Initiatives that facilitate providing assessment and treatment for those affected by COVID-19 and increase health system capacity and efficiency to maintain essential health services and provide care unrelated to COVID-19 while managing the outbreak.
- Population health solutions: Initiatives that facilitate the alignment of population and public health with institutional and community care and that support equitable access to care and public health services across sub-populations within Canada.
"The pandemic has disrupted so much in society and health care, and that's when innovation is most needed to help bridge gaps and advance new approaches," stated Deborah Scott-Douglas, Joule president. "Joule is excited to launch such a sizable grant offering to support our health professionals fighting COVID-19, address capacity issues and deliver population health solutions."
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm (eastern standard time) on June 21st, 2020. Each application must be submitted by a CMA member.
To learn more about the program, the grant categories and how to apply, please visit joulecma.ca/grants.
Joule is the Canadian Medical Association's subsidiary designed to assist physicians in the pursuit of clinical excellence. Joule does this explicitly through the support of physician-led innovation, and by inspiring physician-adoption of knowledge products and innovative technologies and services. Our purpose is to accelerate physician-led innovation and adoption of advances that deliver excellence in health and patient care. Our mission is to help physicians be at their best.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- July 2020
- Digital Novel Coronavirus Investment Forum Empowering Early
- Florida: Evolution Summit
- Taipei: BIO Asia-Taiwan